Seeking gay/lesbian couples as photographic subjects

LAST CALL!!


Dear LGBT community of Singapore,

I am Broy Lim, a Year 1 Art, Design and Media student from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and I am embarking on a project exploring the beauty of the different kinds of love - be it gay or straight. I would like to find 6 couples (3 gay and 3 lesbian couples) who don't mind sharing their stories with me, as well as having their photos taken by me.

My project is a publication project. In which, I will be featuring a series of 9 cards with couples' portraits gracing the covers. Inside these cards will be short stories and little notes, written by the couples, about what they see is beautiful about each other and their relationship. The aim of the project is to explore the notion of equality, love and the beauty of love.

Please note that the project is a small-scaled project and it will not be literally published to the public so your identity (if you choose so), will be kept strictly within the confines of the school environment.

Couples who volunteered to share their stories with me and have their photos taken will be receiving a copy of their own cards (your stories, your portraits) as a token of my appreciation, upon completion of this project.

If you are interested or would like to find out more, please feel free to e-mail me at broylim@gmail.com. All information will be kept confidential.

I hope to hear from you guys soon!


Edit: Shoots will be scheduled either this coming weekend ( March 30, 31) or the following weekend (April 5, 6, 7). Volunteers, please pick your weekend and I will see how we can work out a schedule. Thank you.

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM)  

Came across a link to your page on facebook. Just wanted to say this is an awesome project and I hope there will be a website or something where the public can follow it as well, although it's understandable if the project is to be kept within the confines of school. Can't emphasize enough how important this is especially in Singapore where the LGBT community is still very much politically (amongst other ways) marginalized. Keep up the great work!

Unknown  – (March 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM)  

Hello theravenwine!

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it! :)

Well perhaps when the time is riper, and that if my photographic subjects are agreeable to the idea, I might think of expanding this project into the public to raise awareness about the beauty of love and equality. :) I'm really excited to see how this would turn out.

22male –   – (March 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM)  

I happened to chance upon Pink Dot Sg sharing your link, I thought it'd be great if it was done on a larger scale.
I would have loved to help you out by sharing how beautiful it is loving that imperfect person in this imperfect society.
But sadly, single as I am I would not be of much help to your project.
I can't wait to see the results of the masterpiece, please do update us upon completion! Wishing you all the best. XoXo -22 male

Unknown  – (March 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM)  

Hello 22male

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it. As much as I want it to be a larger scaled project, there are some restrictions and logistical issues that I am currently facing so I want to keep it smaller to explore the idea a little before moving onto a grander scale.

However, if all goes well, I will definitely consider making a larger work regarding the same issue and explore more about the notion of the beauty in love.

Thanks for inspiring me and for kind words. :) You don't have to be attached to anyone to know the meaning of love. :D

Anonymous –   – (March 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM)  

I know it will turn out awesome! Wishing you all the best for it! I hope you'll be able to expand it to a larger scale. As a photographer myself (I am no professional though) this thought just crossed my mind, that if you are able to expand this project to a larger scale (if you're willing and agreeable)I would be interested in bringing your project to my University in Canada where I am currently located. If this comes true it would be awesome but I understand it will be some time in the future (if it does happen). So keep us posted!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP