1ST (Saturday) October

How do I even begin this post? So yesterday before midnight, I booked out from Land of Depression and that managed to curb my darker side within in for at least a few more days before it starts to show symptoms again. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's okay because neither do I.

But before I could even decide what I want to do this lonely Saturday, my bunk mates had well planned a quarter of my day away - and yeap~ I was dragged to go prawning with them, making it my second time prawning at place near Marymount/Bishan/Ang Mo Kio.


Instead of blogging chronologically, I shall rearrange the shots this time round and introduce my "models" from 12am - around 6:30am. Did't really get many fantastic shots because lighting was horrid but let's see what we have... Okay~ First up is Jia Wei and this is one of the first shots I took that night. Technically, it was this morning.


And this is Pei Da. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be persuaded to go because he promised to fetch and send us home! Really nice of him~ Actually, I think I had more fun sitting in his car than prawning because we were pretty crazy by the time we're done prawning. Pei Da drives with such fury that I think I went a little dizzy. Plus, we were brought around Singapore early in the morning because he took the wrong exit and so, instead of heading to Yishun, we went to Commonwealth instead!


I think this is my best shot of Joel for the morning because he's so camera "shy". A little unglam but oh well~ :P


Jun Sheng should be so honored because I think this is my best "catch" of the morning - his face under Jia Wei's arm! Looks almost like a cat peeping out from a hole or something!! I think throughout the night, Jun Sheng was the one who catch the most respectable number of prawns other than Joel.


Beginner's luck? This is one of the first prawns that we caught using the rod. Yes~ Jia Wei and Joel caught some prawns using their bare hands because the prawns were swimming extremely close to the surface. Poor prawns...


Close up of the catch. Lady Luck wasn't on our side this morning and because of that, we only caught like 10 prawns in total, with me contributing to NONE of the 10, unfortunately. I definitely did better on my first trip there - probably because Poo Kwee was more experienced and therefore, my chances were better with his assistance.


Before we went our separate ways after we book out (before we meet up to prawn), we had McDonald's at Yew Tee because Joel had a craving for fast food. From 5pm all the way till 12am, most of us had nothing to eat since we already had dinner and we were starving by the time it was midnight! Luckily, with Pei Da around, no one goes hungry because he's sure to order something. And yes, satays again. This is the third time I'm putting photos of satays on my blog~!!


And the second time chicken wings are appearing as well~ The satay and chicken wings were awesome because I was starving like crazy and couldn't care less if they tasted nasty or not~ :P


After staring at the dark waters for over 3 hours and napping a little in between, we finally settled for the 10 miserable prawns that we caught and went over to cook them. Like my first time there, I flinched every time I see the skewers going through the live prawns because it looks extremely painful. Well here's a photo of Jun Sheng posing with a prawn on stick. The prawn stole the limelight though. :)


While they were cooking the prawns, I was standing at one side partly because I didn't want to get in the way and have them terrorize me with the live creatures and partly because I find it excruciating to watch the prawns on flames because some of them were still alive. Here lies the irony... I love to eat prawns but I don't like to watch them suffer. I can survive on veggies but I still love my meat. How how how? Dilemma dilemma~

I did have a single prawn this morning. Was a little reluctant to eat because the scenes of them hanging onto their last breaths haunt me a little and also because I caught none of the prawns (hee hee) but I did anyway. It was really fresh and sweet and salty because Joel sprinkled like 3 packs of salt all over the prawns. However, I guess it would be more enjoyable if I didn't have to be the one killing the prawns. :S

That basically covers what I did in the morning. After prawning, Pei Da sent us home. I showered and slept till 1pm and at around 2, I rushed out to Great World City to catch...


ayumi hamasaki Rock 'n' Roll Circus Tour FINAL ~7 Days Special~ A 3D II!! Wow~ Ain't that a long title~ Initially, I didn't want to spend the money to watch this concert because I already have the DVD and I gathered that the concert is probably just going to be the DVD shown in 3D. But parts of me told me that I might regret if I don't watch it because who knows, ayu might not release 3D concerts in cinemas anymore in the future or that Singapore might not show it. So, I gave into temptation and bought the ticket online weeks ago.

And yes... I went to watch alone because none of my friends are ayu-freaks like myself. Sad sad~ Anyway, the concert was FANTASTIC! I thought that it would be just the DVD shown in 3D, as mentioned above, but the shots are different! The concert is brought to a next level in 3D because it incorporates what's already live on stage with special effects to bring out the mood even more! It's really hard to describe but it was amazing~ The sound was also fabulous!!

Concerning that this concert is to be shown in cinemas, it was unfortunately cut down a lot to fit the one and a half hour time frame. Not all the songs were performed, the interludes were cut away and the emcee was excluded just to make the concert comfortable to watch. Kinda felt a little cheated because some of the songs that were omitted were really good but even with the cuts, the concert felt concrete and still brought across the theme and feel of the actual concert/DVD version.

Verdict: I did not regret spending that money on the 3D version of something that I already own because the experience was so different and extremely entertaining both in terms of aesthetics and the sound. Now, for the REAL concert~~ :)


Just had to take this photo when I got home - my ticket stub with the DVD version of the concert~ It's a pity the stub is too small and they had to resort to printing the words over existing words, resulting in the mess you see in the title. I wonder if ayu will consider releasing the 3D concerts on Blu-rays/3D televisions one day... But I hope if she does that, the concerts will not be shorten to movie standards.


Well~ That's all the photos I have for today. Dreading tomorrow as I have to start packing again for my overseas exercise. Can't wait to get it over and done with because after the exercise, I can start counting down to freedom... :)


*P.S. Pardon my bad English in this post because I'm feeling really sleepy and distracted from blogging but stubborn me still wants to get it done. :)

君がいない時に、私は何もない。。。

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP