Koda Kumi 10th Anniversary FANTASIA in TOKYO DOME

Well I know this is definitely a late purchase because I can't find this DVD anywhere on the shelves of any Singapore CD stores! And I didn't want to just get this one alone from YesAsia because the shipping fees cost an arm and a leg. But anyway, I've finally gotten my hands on Koda Kumi 10th Anniversary FANTASIA in TOKYO DOME!

This concert is to commemorate Kumi's 10th anniversary and was performed at Tokyo Dome. Well according to the sources (considering that I've only watched like a couple of Koda Kumi concerts on DVD), the stage in FANTASIA is bigger and better than her previous concerts. Talk about celebrating with a bang, yes? In addition, this concert was not a tour so she only did it once. So exclusive, no?

As usual, even before I actually watched my DVDs, I take pictures of them and rant about their packagings and anything else I deem worthy/unworthy. Well, let's get the ball rollin' for this one!!


This spread caused me tons of wasted time, no thanks to Photoshop for being so anal about colors. Some settings messed up the colors during saving and I spent hours trying to remedy it just so that y'all get nice looking things to look at. So dedicated and shameless of me, no?

Back to Koda Kumi's 10th anniversary concert DVD. Here's the cover and you'll have to agree that this is probably SIMPLEST and sleek looking cover ever! I love how she photographs here because she is so relaxed even with mind in her face. The fonts on the cover are embedded gold and it keeps the whole look really simple but royal.


I wonder when will they realize that DVD region code is nothing but a huge pain in the puwet. As usual, in order for me to enjoy my DVDs without having to fumble with region locked devices, for instance my laptop and PS3, I have to get the Hong Kong press. But even if I have region free devices, the Hong Kong press is the way to go considering that it's so much cheaper than the Japanese counterparts. Here's the sticker on the Hong Kong press DVD and it roughly translates to... something to do with 46 songs of Kumi and it also includes the making of the concert.


The back of the casing is not that attractive though. Here we have the track list of the concert - and it doesn't suggest anything about 46 songs though. Maybe I read the Chinese character wrongly but anyway... I like how the fonts are clear and easy to read but her face is... I don't really understand her face. It looks gentle but you can tell that she seem to be struggling to keep her eyes open. Probably from all the wind. Not liking the photo.


In case y'all want a clearer view of the track list. Weeee~~ She started the concert with the very first song that got me listening to her songs - Butterfly! Before I listened to Koda Kumi, I used to think that she's slutty because of the image she portrays but after listening to Butterfly, I kinda fell in love with her raw voice. Then, I went on to get her KINGDOM album and fell in love with the way she does ballads! Really amazing singer she is!


Let's look at the insides now. This concert comes in 2 DVDs with the first disc being the main concert while the second being the encore plus the extra bonus stuff. It also comes with a booklet of photos. Yes - there are no lyrics this time round. Saving on paper perhaps?


A close up of the simplistic design of the disc.


Here's the booklet included inside this set. Reminds me of KINGDOM somehow - the brown tone and the very royal feel.


Well personally, I think there's nothing much to be fascinated about with this booklet because it basically just contain screen grabs of the concert to show off the really gorgeous looks of Kumi and her wardrobe but other than that, there's nothing more to it. It's not like there are that many photos inside as well - only a couple of pages.


Another one of the many looks in this 10th anniversary concert. Looking through the booklet, I realized that her hair changed again and again. I wonder how many wigs she has and which look is actually her real hair. Nowadays, fake hair look so real it's so hard to tell apart and it's really confusing to me. But so long as the artistes sing wonderfully, I don't really care if they have hair or not. :)



Well, that's all I have for FANTASIA. Can't wait to actually have time to watch it because judging from the photos and track list, the concert sure looks promising. Anyway, stay tuned tomorrow for yet another Koda Kumi release - her latest album "JAPONESQUE" gets reviewed right here on wordshutter!! :) 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP