Toy Story Green Alien Speaker

Saw this at hmv when I bought the One Direction - Up All Night album on Saturday and I went crazy - almost like a little kid in the toy store and without even thinking, I picked the nicest looking one and went to the counter to make my payment (before I change my fickle mind)...



It's a Toy Story Green Alien Mini Speaker!! One of those that you can bring around in your bag because it's so small but still packed with loud sound. It also comes with a Stitch version for all the Lilo and Stitch lovers out there. And like I've said previously, I got it from the hmv at Somerset@313.


This mini speaker comes with a USB 2.0 cable for you to charge it, a 3.5mm plug which fits into most portable music players like your iPod or the likes as well as your iPhone and other phones which supports that jack. It runs on a rechargeable lithium battery so you only have to worry about it running out of battery as opposed to carrying a few extras around. And of course, it comes with the cute little green thing that you wish you were small enough so you can give it a hug.


Freed the green alien from it's cardboard prison! Even though this speaker is Made in China (Come on now~ What isn't Made in China these days?), the speaker looks adorable and not like those pirated and deformed ones that you might get a cheap places - like the pasar malam. I've seen some green alien products that look totally hideous but this is not one of them. In fact, the anatomy is pretty accurate in my opinion.


The sound is emitted from the top of the alien's head through these vents around the antenna. The antenna feels hard and sturdy but it gives me that fear of putting it inside my bag for fear that even though it feels strong, it might still break from all the action inside my bag. Therefore, I think I would put the speaker either in some sort of a case or at least on the top of everything else if I pack it into my bag.


I think the designer loves the "Pin the tail on the dockey" game too much and did it for the poor green alien by putting the 3.5mm input at somewhere near the butt. Tried it just now with my iPod Touch and the sound was pretty loud but that's because my room wasn't very noisy. Compared it to a X-Mini speaker and the loudness is pretty close. Bass is not as strong though but for a $29.90 speaker, you can't expect a Dolby sound system, yes? That USB port is where you plug in to charge your speaker using any Mini-USB to USB 2.0 cable.


The On/Off switch is located on the other side of the alien as seen above. Notice that little hole? That hole will indicate whether your alien is still charging or is already fully charged via color indication. Green being full charged and red meaning otherwise. The base of the alien is layered with a non-slip material so that your alien does not go running from you on slippery surfaces.


And that brings us to the end of this pretty useless review of this cute little thing~ Just had to take this photo of the original green alien figurines with the speaker because the quality is so good it's almost like the real deal! Gosh I love the green aliens so much!!

Meow –   – (February 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM)  

Omg I really love the way you put it "the speaker looks adorable and not like those pirated and deformed ones that you might get a cheap places - like the pasar malam"

"(Come on now~ What isn't Made in China these days?)" hmm, we are not made in china, at least. HAHA XD

Super cute!

Unknown  – (February 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM)  

I'm so thankful that I'm not Made in China~ Hahahahaha~

Meow –   – (February 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM)  

HAHAHA! omg, do you even have friends from China?

Annalisa  – (July 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM)  

Hi!

Could you tell me more about the quality of these speakers?
I want to buy it for someone who loves the alien, but needs a good set! Is it good enough quality-wise for everyday listening? (eg, clear sound, not scratchy)

Thanks so much!

Unknown  – (July 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM)  

Hello Annalisa~!!

Compared to the X-minis, these are definitely not the best in terms of sound quality because we all know how good those X-minis are but if you're looking for something which sounds reasonably nice and loud, this is good (yes, good enough for every day listening and not scratchy). :D I would definitely recommend it~

Anonymous –   – (December 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM)  

Hi!
Could you please tell me where I can buy this speaker?

Unknown  – (December 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM)  

Hello! You can get this from hmv (that is if you're living in Singapore)... :S

Anonymous –   – (February 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM)  

hi,can i know how do you charge your speaker?i have a stitch one but it doesnt seems to be charging when i plugged it to my pc.

Unknown  – (February 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM)  

To charge, you have to connect the mini-USB to the speaker and connect the other end to your computer's USB port. A light should indicate whether the speaker is charging or not.

If this doesn't work, you might want to try another USB port or use another mini-USB to USB cable to see if it works. Otherwise, you might have to go back to the store to get it exchanged.

Hope this helps. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP