ayumi hamasaki - FIVE (CD+DVD)

YesAsia is pretty fast this time round when they shipped my order on the very next day I placed my order on their website and therefore, I can promptly bring to you the CD+DVD version of ayumi hamasaki's latest EP - FIVE! Well, not that prompt considering that I could actually have this post posted days ago but oh well~ You know how busy I always am, yes?

Just in case you want to know about how I feel about the album in terms of the music and in comparison to her previous EP - Memorial address, as well as some other photos which are either repeated or only exclusive to the CD-only version of this album, please visit the post on ayumi hamasaki - FIVE (CD-only) by clicking on the link.

Without further ado, I present to you the Queen of J-pop's FIVE!!


Ta da~ My copy of FIVE arrived with a plastic file, courtesy of Avex Trax Hong Kong! It's pretty uncommon for CDJapan not to give any first press / pre-order free gifts like the posters they always send me but it's even more unlikely for YesAsia to even bother shipping free gifts at all - other than the toys that you can get for getting 2 more or Japanese CDs.

This time round, YesAsia amazed me when they decided to sell FIVE along with this plastic folder because YesAsia has always been stingy with the free stuff. I think they probably took the posters from the suppliers and sold them separately instead of bundling them together with the purchases for no extra charge like CDJapan. Anyway, I'm really grateful that this time, they bundled the file with the purchase of the album!


This plastic file can fit paper up to A4 but I doubt I will ever take it out to use because it's too gorgeous to be risked getting crumbled. I shall put it inside the plastic bag that was shipped along with the album to keep it in tip-top condition for collection sake!


The back of the file. Did you know that the album "FIVE" actually has some hidden meanings, as speculated by some ayu fans on the internet? I chanced upon one of their theories of why the font was designed in such a way and the argument is as follows...


Taken from http://ayusstory.blogspot.com
Credit: tokyoxjapanfan of AHS
Well it seems like ayu (or whoever designed the font) had gotten into some Da Vinci thingie going on in the design of her title. As what tokyoxjapanfan from AHS forum interpreted, when you trace the title out , you actually get a hidden word - HOPE. That's the whole theme going on recently for ayu after the devastating disaster that struck her home land in March - the earthquake and tsunami.

Furthermore, I also infer that it has maybe connections with her photo book with legendary Leslie Kee who also took the photos of this EP and what's the name of the photo book you may ask? LOVE & HOPE. Well well~ Dan Brown should consider this a puzzle in his next book!


The details at the back of the file - avex hong kong! When will there be an avex singapore so I can actually become famous even faster? Well, probably in my dreams. Anyway, I don't even know whether I want to consider Singapore as my home in the future anyway considering that the higher ups don't show me no love. *sob*


Weeeee~ ayumi hamasaki's name in that handwriting font. 


Back to the album now. The fiercest looking cover since... I don't know? Rule/Sparkle? The previous releases showed a very soft and feminine side of ayu but this time round, she cropped of her hair to this short blonde to make a statement and I like it because it's working very well! ayu has that face that can wear many hairstyles and I bet many girls are jealous of her.


The details of the sticker for the Hong Kong press of this album. It's basically the same as the Japanese one just that it's written in a different language. The first press of the Hong Kong version comes with the file as I've showed off previously as well as a pass code to access the online stream of her COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010 - 2011 A ~do it again~ making video clip on her Facebook page. I guess the clip will probably be featured in the DVD release of the concert as well so no biggie if you missed it.


The back of the album spots the track list of the CD as well as the DVD. Well, the obvious difference between the CD-only version and this version is that this version comes with the DVD featuring the music videos of all the tracks as well as their corresponding making clips. 

The subtle differences between the album is that in the CD-only version, you get the orchestra version of I dare say my favorite track of this album, "beloved" while in the CD+DVD version, you get an extra hidden track in BRILLANTE - Why... featuring Urata Naota. Well, just like the good ol' days where ayu hide hidden tracks in her songs.


The album without the obi, in case you are dying to see.


The insides is pretty much like any other typical CD+DVD layout - the CD on the left, DVD on the right and the lyric booklet appearing in the center. The CD looks exactly like the one that we've seen in the CD-only version posted previously on this humble blog. 


I think the DVD looks better though - a really dark gray, almost approaching black. It's a pity the title of the album is almost fading away into the darkness. Could have inverted the colors of the blacks and white to make it stand out even more. But I guess since V also means Five in the Roman numerals, it makes sense to make it stand out.


Well I shall not go through what the lyric booklet has because other than the front cover, everything else in the lyric booklet is exactly as how you've seen it in the CD-only version. If you still have not gotten enough hints of me asking you to read that post as well for the full coverage of this album, please smack your own butt and then, click on the link to bring you to ayumi hamasaki - FIVE (CD-only) to read more!

To end, I shall show you an awesome photo - probably one of my favorite album shots so far, of both versions of FIVE in the same frame! Enjoy the album as much as I enjoy it!! It's FIVE-TASTIC!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP