Sending Alvin

The time has finally come for the started of the most dreaded part of my year - Exercise Wallaby. Well, not that I have the rights to complain anyway since I'm lucky enough to be posted to a unit that requires me to go hug some tree in someone else's country's forest. Oh well~

But at least I'm only going there like somewhere next month so I can still enjoy the air in Singapore whilst I still can. Actually, going to another country isn't such a bad idea but for the sake of putting on an elaborate show with a budget good enough to shoot a really good war film, I say uh-uh. I rather go for holidays - more suited for the free me.


Enough of me. Well, Alvin had to go over to Australia to prepare some stuff for this exercise and therefore, he had to go way before anyone of us actually fly over to the Land of Kangaroos. Before he goes, we had dinner together, just as a formality or something like that at Causeway Point's Swensen's - the renovated one!!


I just had to post what I had that night - the Chicken Victoria. Basically, it's just chicken breast (Mmmmm~ Healthy!!) topped with some white sauce which I swear is made from mushrooms and accompanied with mashed potatoes, cauliflower, tomato and long beans.

I felt extremely cheated because I got this entree thinking that it would be served with potato wedges as described in the menu and photographed as so but no! They gave me potato in another form! So I was thinking that they probably went out of potatoes and broccoli and had to make do with these cheaper alternatives instead.

The chicken is surprisingly tender. I was half hoping it to be really dry so I could complain and change my entree because of the vegetables that they gave wrongly. The only reason why I didn't really made a scene back then was because Yahya already "did" a few days back with her bad experience at this particular outlet. Well, they were plain unlucky but I shan't venture there. Unfortunately, you'll get sick of this chicken after finishing the first slice so I would highly recommend you to get the fish if you are looking for healthier choices - this tastes like patient's food from a hospital.

And did you know that Swensen's damn smart? There's no Feedback/Complain form on their website and therefore, it makes it so inconvenient to vent my frustration that I have to do it here. Smart move! But boo hoo to you because I still get to vent! HUR!! But too bad - their ice-cream still rocks.



The next day, we sent Alvin to the airport. Well, nothing really interesting there - just saw some familiar faces and lots of army personnel. Took some photos...


For instance this one where I took a photo of someone taking a photo of me. Did I mention that I actually love these micro four third cameras because they are lightweight, sleek looking and delivers almost DSLR-quality photos! I tried one of Sony's latest releases at one of their stores that day (can't remember which model it was) and it was really speedy! So if you're on a budget but looking for a kick ass camera, you may want to consider these cameras over DSLRs. Worthy investment.


Besides us, friends, Alvin's parents also sent him off. The only time I can get pictures of them together is probably because of big events like such. Sadly, I can't get a photo of their reunion when he gets back because I'll still be stuck in Australia. Sigh~


Had one of Alvin's friends to take this photo for us. :) For more wacky shots, view my Facebook album! I have some fabulous unglam shots! :P


If you've been to a holiday before, you know that the airport is anything but speedy because of all the waits, anxiety and chaos. So while waiting for something to happen, we took  some crazy photos like this one - Invasion of the No-Neck Monsters (well, other than Alvin who still has one). I look fat!


Before we walked around Terminal 1 to kill some time, Alvin checked in his luggage and being a paparazzi, I took a picture of him only to accidentally snap one of his platoon mates entering the frame. Talk about photo bombing...


I wanted to try again but a bigger bomb came into the frame. Oh well~ At least I get a photo of a gorgeous Caucasian butt as a consolation.


If you did visit my Facebook album (good boy/girl), you would have realized that some of the photos here are not posted there simply because it doesn't really have much meaning. Like this one - Orange the Second. This is his first flight like Alvin, unlike Orange the First who went to US with me when I went to GAMBIT. They may look the same but they are different. :)


And finally, Alvin went through the glass doors and was never to be seen again, until like probably 9 weeks from now? Think that would be the next time I would get to see him. Since the night was still young, we decided to walk around Changi Airport for cheap deals because the things there are GST free! That's like shopping in a mall with mall-wide 7% discount! Coolness!! Even Barbie has to nod in agreement.


Took the Sky Train to Terminal 3 because Terminal 1 was extremely boring - the only thing you have there is a Watson's store and some restaurants. They are having some aviation show at Terminal 3 if you guys are interested but honestly, there isn't much to see unless you're interested in airplanes and stuff. Wouldn't it be cool if this structure is made of ice as opposed to glass/plastic? :)


They have this huge plane structure outside the exhibition area and they are having this Name-the-Mascot competition. Do down to check if out if you're keen on winning something (an iPad, I think - that's like a typical prize nowadays, no?).


And the last photo before I continue watching America's Next Top Model - a little boy doing a No-Neck for his mom who was trying really hard to get him to cooperate for a proper photo. Kids are the best unglam models because they are not exactly unglam - they are innocent and adorable and whatever they do just appear right on camera, no? :) But bad behavior should never be tolerated, like not cooperating with the photographer. :P


Well, that's the end of this entry. Considering that I cannot go to my second home nowadays before I book in, I suppose I will have more time to stay at home to work on blog entries (even though they are as useless and of no literacy value like this one - oops) or to watch a bit of telly and long overdue DVDs and stuff. Oh well~

Can't wait till I get back my rightful ID card and regain my wings of freedom because this lifestyle sucks.

Take care of yourself and Orange the Second. We'll be waiting for you to come home...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP