One Direction - Up All Night (Limited Yearbook Edition)

I normally do not buy male albums or singles because I don't know... Female singers are more appealing to me? But this time round, while walking around hmv with my 20 dollar rewards card, I was searching high and low for something to buy and it didn't take me long to stop at the shelf with this...



One Direction's debut album released last year - Up All Night. Well, I honestly have no idea whether this new boy band is good or not but I kinda like their song "What Makes You Beautiful". That energy reminds me of the reason why I bought my first AAA album and this is one of those albums that made me go "I want to get that song!" Well, I saw the single on sale for $7.90 but the packaging wasn't as interesting as this one.


The album is packaged in this hard cover book - almost like how P!NK did her latest compilation but this one is the size of one of those poetry books my literature teacher gave me when I was in secondary school for scoring an A. The unique packaging is also another drawing factor for me to get this album - just to try their music out.


The reason why I went for the Yearbook edition is also because, like the sucker for freebies and bonuses that I am, this version their album comes with 2 bonus tracks and one of it is "Moments", one of my favorite ayu songs. Wonder how a same titled track would fare in a different language. Call me crazy (everybody does~) for spending that little bit more on cheap (or rather pricey) thrills like that.


The CD is stored in the first page inside a sleeve. On the opposite, you're greeted with a pretty cool handwritten message from the boys themselves. You don't see boys with this good handwriting nowadays, do you? I have not heard the album yet other than the first track so I can't really judge whether this album is good in terms of its music but the packaging is pretty attractive.


Look~ They even have a content page for their yearbook!! Coolness~ I hope the Japanese artistes would one day adopt this style of presenting their album because their packaging is getting a bit predictable these days.


For people like myself who have no idea who the heck One Direction is, this yearbook is pretty useful in introducing the band members to you. I think it's more useful for those fan girls because I'm honestly not very interested in what the guys like or anything. But~ That aside, the book is well laid out and is inspiring to look at visually with the tonnes of images inside.


Or, if you're lazy to read like myself, you could do the Wiki search. According to the search, these boys were the second runner up to the show "The X-Factor" and even though they lost, they managed to sign to a music label in which they released their debut album which did so well on the charts it became the 16th biggest album in the UK in year 2011. Amazing for starters no? But would they be just a band of Biebers like what my brother said? Only time can tell... The book also include trivia and backstage photos like what you see here.


What's good if you have a beautiful book without lyrics inside? The band featured lyrics in the book like what you see above and to make the lyrics even more special, they did it handwritten. Well, at least some of them are... The little drawings on the side may seem a bit cheesy but hey~ They are barely legal yet so I guess that's excusable. Besides, you doodle on your textbooks too, no? Don't be lyin'~


And if the whole book isn't "school" enough for you, they included 6 stickers for you to stick all over the place with. More freebies!! Who would complain?


Overall, I say this album (at least this Yearbook Edition) is packed with more than just music (which until now, I have no clue whether it's good or bad but it should be reasonable considering that they did do well on the charts). It's packed with a lot of fun in terms of the content as well as interesting and fun photos to look at. The packaging is definitely inspiring and not something you get every other day and is worthy of collecting.

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM)  

wow!how many lyrics have?just what makes you beautiful?or it came all the songs?

Unknown  – (March 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM)  

From what I remember, not all the lyrics are featured but "What Makes You Beautiful" is definitely one of the songs that's featured. :D

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM)  

Oh my! How much did you bought this? Too bad I'm not able to buy it ;< I wish to have that!
It's my dream T.T You're lucky!

JayByrd14  – (March 14, 2012 at 4:48 AM)  

<3 that you did this. I love all their songs and I had already pre ordered the Yearbook edition but I was still curious as to what else was inside it. Hope you enjoy the album. "Same Mistakes" is one of my favorites.

Anonymous –   – (March 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM)  

@JayByrd14 : Agree! But the problem is, it is already out of stock :(

Unknown  – (March 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM)  

@Anonymous - If I didn't remember wrongly, I bought this from hmv Singapore at S$34.90, which amounts to around US$28. If you want, you could always try getting it online, no? :)

@JayByrd14 - Good for you~ Although not all the songs are appealing to me (because I hardly listen to English music), some of the tracks are quite promising, yes? :)

Anonymous –   – (March 31, 2012 at 5:11 AM)  

Does it have a lot of pages?, what else is included other than the stickers?..
Gotta Love that. :))))

Unknown  – (March 31, 2012 at 10:13 AM)  

Hello Anonymous of March 31~ (Why didn't you leave your name~~)

Yeap. It does have quite a number of interesting pages, loaded with lots of photos. I'm not a big fan but I have to say that it's quite informative and pretty interesting, no?, for the packaging to be like so.

They only included the stickers though - would be nice if they threw in a poster too, yes? But I suppose that depends on your CD store - some do give out posters if I'm not mistaken.

No worries~ Be assured that you're always rewarded when you purchase original goods of your favorite artistes. :D

Anonymous –   – (August 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM)  

:( awww i want a book like that... it the most awesome piece of awesomeness and i NEED that book !!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP