broylim Birthday ~TOY MUSEUM~ PART 1




Just came home from SAFTI after collecting my posting order and I think I just wasted let's see...

8am - 12:30pm... 4 and a half hours? Minus 3 minutes... 4 hours and 27 minutes of my life TRAVELLING from one end of the country to the other just to get a few pieces of paper! If it's not retarded, I don't know what is. Not to mention almost $4.00 gone to transportation. Whatever happened to the internet or email or technology?



Anyway, since I have nothing on until sunset, I shall continue the episode of TOY MUSEUM, starting with Part 1 because there are way too many photos to be placed in a single post. Furthermore, I'm feeling slightly sleepy after waking up so inhumanely early this morning so I finish this and go for a nap later.


Let the guests arrive! All my guests are made to sign the guest book at a point or another but Bing Ru, being the first official guest to arrive started with the guest book the moment he stepped into the room under the close supervision of my Green Aliens who were joined by other toys later on.


One of the greatest helpers of the event, Rena! Initially, we had no plans of putting toys at the guest book table but after I started with my Green Aliens, the rest of them started to flood the table with other toys like Vera's and Rena's Barbie dolls, toy cars, Bing Ru's Stitch, long armed monkeys, etc. Really interesting!


Another one of my greatest helpers, Alvin~ Taken before the room was flooded with other guests. He helped me with the decorations (green screen) and the balloons. Thanks~ :D


Raven and I rehearsed some of our songs before the guests arrived. Actually, we were meant to find a day before the actual event to rehearse and to confirm some stuff but she's always so busy with work. In fact, sometimes I feel that her job is even more strict and demanding than the army but so long as she's happy with what she's doing, then that's all that matters, no?


As much as I want to be the photographer of the event, I can't simply because I cannot handle the workload of interacting with the guests, managing the logistics and ensuring that things go smoothly. Therefore, a lot of the photos taken here are in fact not by me. Some of them are by Rena (as seen in this photo, she used the wired control to trigger the camera; useful tool!) and a lot of them by Leon.


Like in most events in Singapore, things never start on time. My event was meant to start at 6:30pm but when it was time, there were not more than 5 guests (not inclusive of the helpers) so I had to push everything backwards and had to rearrange the schedule a little bit. Shortly after 6:30pm though, my secondary school friends came! Been awhile since I've seen them. Left to right: Myself, Yuying, Peggy the Piggy eat Maggi and Peijin. Really glad they turned up!!


Even though they were slightly late, they were still considered pretty early; my FATTIES (poly classmates); the most fun-loving people. Without them, K-box is never fun! From left to right: Peiquan, Daryl, myself, Weiguang, Jum, Ching Kai, Rini, Clarence, Wayne and Ben Ang. Wayne brought his own light sticks because he knows that I will be singing. So supportive! :P


Vera found this bunny mask which I believe belongs to either my nephew or my little cousin on the floor and I picked it up and wore it for this photo. I look less fat with the mask on my face... Maybe I should keep it on forever...


Remember the green screen with the colorful mats as seen in the "making of" post? This is the purpose of the green screen; to serve as a backdrop for my guests' photo shoot with their toys. Over here, Vera, Jessica and Bing Ru shows of their toys. Sometimes, I wonder if Vera's duckie bolster is considered a toy or not because technically, it seems more like a sleeping companion than a plaything. What do you think?


Jessica and me~ The backdrop is such a good idea!!


And here's my other group of friends; some of the sweetest people you'll ever meet! In this photo, Yahya, Ain and myself.


Even though I was busy moving around the huge room, there were times where I took my camera and tripod around to snap photos of my guests because I just can't resist taking pictures! Over here, Daniel and gang along with Wesley (ex-colleague; extreme right) and Kenvin (BMT mate; guy in red). Daniel and gang were preparing my birthday on the day itself so they were constantly chasing me away. :(


 Wayne, Clarence and Ben Ang.


The food that we had that day; buffet! If you ever want to plan an event at K-box, be sure to check out their buffet menu because it goes on and on and I had a really hard time trying to finalize the menu because there were so many good stuff that I wanted to try. Oh yes~ The buffet arrived late that day though because the caterers were stuck in a traffic jam. But once they were set up, the show began~ Too bad I don't have photos of it because *ahem*... I wasn't the photographer.


And while everyone was digging into their food and stuffing their faces, I continued touring around the room to take photos. Over here, Alfa and Raven having their dinner.


My now-ex-wingmates from Tango; Zhi Kai, Kevin and Haikal singing from where they were with the customized wireless microphones. 


And at the fatties' table, they arranged their toys as shown above. Really adorable!! Ben Ang brought his Domo, Jum brought his Pooh bear which resembles Xander's "Serene-bear-bear", Wei Guang brought his Wigglytuff plushie which can "transform" back into a Jigglypuff (CUTE STUFF!!) and Rini brought her reindeer~ I guess soft toys are the easiest toys to bring because they are so easily found.


Took this random shot of the room to show what everyone was doing.


2 other secondary school friends joined slightly later. Extreme left, Benjamin and extreme right, Ronald. Took this photo using the timer function. Noticed I changed my shirt? That because Raven gave it to me as a birthday present because she said she wants to give me something that tops the striking-ness of my lime green polo-T and she picked pink... -_-" She made me wear it that day. Surprisingly though, it wasn't that uncomfortable and the color is actually not bad. It makes me look very fair though...


I was really honored to have my grandparents join me in the party on that day! I had never expected them to turn up because K-box is not exactly elderly-friendly but they did anyway~ So touched!!


If I didn't remember wrongly, I took this picture using the remote control. Haikal looks extremely funny in this shot~


There are lots of April babies in my BMT platoon and a lot of them were unable to turn up for my event because they were also celebrating their big 21st on April 2. Sadded. I call that the Curse of the BMT buddies because both my buddies, Sam and Wilson, celebrated their birthdays on the same day as I did and they couldn't make it. Hopefully, we will get to meet up one day~ :D The only 2 BMT mates that turned up were Kenvin and Daniel and I'm so grateful for their attendance~ Even though Daniel had to book in on the night itself, he came!! So touched!!


The bunch of friends who I hang out a lot with especially during weekends. If it wasn't for Alvin, I wouldn't have met these wonderful people. :) Clockwise from left: Chong Yee, Daniel, Hazel, Ain, Yin Zhi, Ain, myself and Alvin.


And finally~ The cake!! GIMME THE CAKE!! A week before the event, my father and I went to a bakery near my house to test out some flavors and to pre-order the cake. I even got the chef to put the title of the event on the cake itself~ Coolness!! I didn't want the typical "key" cake because honestly, it doesn't mean anything to me. Being 21 doesn't mean you're free. You are free since the day you were born; not when you turn 21. So the key isn't significant to me at 21...


If you had celebrated your birthday at K-box before, you would have known that they will give you a complimentary cake and that's what they did for me~ They gave me this small cake so that my family can smear the cream all over my face! Should have told them to give me something without those white blobs of "facial products". The cherries were nice though. :P


I love this photo!! Taken by Leon~ As opposed to getting small groups of people to take photos with me by my cake, I opted to just take a huge group photo altogether in a single frame because it saves time and I can be sure that I took a photo with everyone in the room that evening. Furthermore, it was easier to organize.


Ta da!! All the guests who came to my event! Well, less some of my relatives because I had no clue where they disappeared to but I guess it's okay unless they want me to photoshop them in like what I did with Sheena the other time. Other than class photos, I have to say that this is the largest group photo that I have taken in my life~ Thanks to the K-box staff for helping me take this shot.


And then there was the birthday song! Happy birthday to myself!! Someone put the song on the system and the music video was really adorable (as seen with that big smiley bear on the screen). At least this year, I didn't sit there like a cuckoo and somehow, I didn't feel that uneasy in front of so many people. Maybe because after making a fool out of myself at the opening act (sadly not photographed), my stage fright vaporized. In fact, I don't even think I have stage fright though... :P YES!! I changed clothes again.


My family portrait and regrettably, I look possessed because I had to open my eyes really wide due to the flash. Not the most flattering photo but I guess it'll do.


Blowing of the candles... As opposed to having just 2 large candles and 1 small one, I asked for 21 small candles so that the cake will look more aesthetically pleasing because come on! Just 3 candles on the huge cake is like a single cactus in the middle of a vast desert~ Looks weird, no? 


My father had to prank me on my birthday and he asked me to pick out the candles using my mouth. Luckily, he didn't manage to drive my face into the cake but unfortunately, I wasn't spared from the mess.


LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO MUA FACE!! They smeared and threw cream at me and even though the cream was tasty, it wasn't the best smelling thing you'll like across your cheeks and in your nose (yes, it went in). It was oily and smells like butter. Good thing my grandfather wasn't evil and he came over to help me wipe the mess off my face while I continue to cut the cake. Leon Lim. I'll make sure the whole cake lands in your face on your 21st. :)




Well. That's all for Part 1 of the TOY MUSEUM episode. Be sure to stay tuned for the second part of the party (post-cake)!! More photos!!

+ If you want me to link you up, please inform me so I can put your URL at the "links" section and so I have additional blogs to read. :D






Click to visit other parts of the ~TOY MUSEUM~ Special

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP