Britney Spears - FEMME FATALE Premium Fan Edition

Hello y'all! How are you doing?

Well, I'm fine and I'm finally blogging about CDs for the first time on "word shutter"! Are you excited because I am!

Tried taking photos using my newly created light box but I don't think it worked out very well so the pictures here might not be my best because I'm still getting used to controlling the lighting so please bear with me.

Anyway, as you all should have known, Britney Spears, Queen of Pop, released her seventh studio album titled "FEMME FATALE" on March 25, 2011 and I know, it's an extremely overdue post because I only received it last Thursday because the Premium Fan edition was only released on April 22. Weird, no? But I think it's worth the wait because it's simply gorgeous!

TA DA! The album came in a 9.5" by 9.5" gorgeous hardcover book featuring some of her never-before-seen photo shoots and luckily, it barely fits inside my lightbox so I was able to take a photo of it. Heavily edited photo above but it captures the pretty font, no? :) Just feeling the solid book in my hands made me feel that the long wait for this legendary album that I personally feel is her best since "In The Zone" worth it.


Well the pretty uninteresting back of the book - in case you want to know.


It's Britney, bitch! One of the pages of her photo book. As y'all know, I'm a sucker for good packagings and limited edition stuff so you know you know... :)


Here's when lighting starts to become difficult for me but anyway... This is one of her first photos in the photo book. There was this photo with her hair all over her face until you can't recognize who she is but I didn't bother taking a photo of that because it's a little stupid. Doesn't she look pretty here? Leon said he can see some of her wrinkles in the photo but I guess that's fine - shows that she's growing.


Another one of her photos. I think she's pretty honest with her body because well, you can see that her body is getting a little out of proportion but I admire her honesty for being herself and loving her body. I still remember she did a promotional shoot some time back and requested for an unedited version of the photo to be posted with the edited one which made her look more slender. Britney embraces her body and that's commendable!


She changed her look a couple of times in the photo booklet and this is one of them. The photo shows how she cleverly hides her flaws to make herself look more flattering - the position of the clothing and the arching of her back. Tip: If you want to take a photo of your back and look slimmer, arch your back backwards and show that neck! Sure will make you look more sexy and taller! And yes!! Ain't the blue simply GORGEOUS?!


This is how the CD is packaged in the album - slotted into one of these hardcover pages. Not my favorite means of packaging the CD because that means the CD will be prone to physical damage but compared to the normal digipaks, this packaging is slightly more sturdy so I guess it should be fine. Plus, it's so good looking so I can forgive them~


Hello fierceness!!


I think this is one of my most-failed photo in recent history because somehow, even after editing, I cannot get the photo to look right. Anyway, this is how the limited edition CD look like. Apparently (I'm not sure though), the CD in the regular ones are different from this. Oh yes! It's a good thing I got this Premium Fan Edition because this version includes a 17th track - Scary!! It's only released in the Japan version as well as this one so there's no other means (other than the illegal ones) to get this track!


Along with the CD comes a vinyl disc of her hit single - Hold It Against Me! Not like I have a vinyl player but the disc is really cool!


 This is how the A-side looks like. Basically, this vinyl has 2 sides - one side with the original version of the song and the other side the Instrumental version of the song. It's a pity I can't listen to the instrumental version because I don't have the player. :( But she looks GORGEOUS here so that even things out~


The Instrumental Side (I believe) of the vinyl. Really cool fonts!


More limited edition goodness!!


Well I say, FEMME FATALE is one SOLID album because it packs so many nice songs. Here are some of my personal favorites and why. Just so you know, I actually listened to this album even before it arrived at my house because the moment I clicked on "Purchase", they gave me the digital download of the album straight away so I could start feasting on Britney's marvelous creations!
Till The World Ends - Probably because this is a single and it's really catchy? Plus it's a song about "HECK ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD" 
Hold It Against Me - Because it's the first song I ever heard from on this album and probably because of Sam Tsui's awesome cover. 
How I Roll - "Dum dum dum dum dum dee dum dum~" Really cute song!! 
Big Fat Bass - Honestly, I don't know but it's really catchy plus bassy~ Makes me feel like dancin'~ Though it would be a disaster if I did... 
Trouble For Me - No idea why I love this song but I do!! Really addictive piece!! 
Criminal - Probably because it's nearly a ballad and the lyrics actually makes a little sense as opposed to the other dance tracks. 
Scary - Because it's LIMITED EDITION STUFF BABY!!

All in all, I think this album is really worth the money and anyone who had grew up listening to Britney should get it to see how much she had changed (well, this album's definitely for the better). Though it's not like her older classic works but this album really breathes fresh air into her career once again. I enjoyed this album very much and I hope you do as well~!!



Travis Chan  – (May 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM)  

Wow you bought the limited edition? It looks gorgeous! Should have bought one too LOL

Unknown  – (May 3, 2011 at 9:32 PM)  

Yes I did~ It's really worth the money in my opinion because of the great songs and fantastic packaging! :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP