Unboxing the Presents - PART 2

making of | PART 1 | PART 2 | Presents (Part 1) | Presents (Part 2)

Was meant to post this entry a few days back but I was extremely busy because as y'all know, I'm now not in SAFTI and that goes to say that I will not be as free. Well, I wouldn't say my new place is horrible since I have lots of friends over there (not new ones though - some new people are just plain annoying) but that story's for another day.

FINALLY! The last post for TOY MUSEUM since I started out this new blog. Okay. Let's start already!! Do take a look at the previous post to see where I left off~


This has got to be the most...shockingly dangerous?? present I've ever received in my entire life and it came in these 2 innocent looking brown boxes. Presented (there was really a presentation "ceremony" on the actual day but it was kinda private) by Zhi Kai, Kevin and Haikal.


A pair of Wakizashis (Japanese short swords)!! Before you correct me, I know~ I placed the swords the wrong way. They should arc the other way round as opposed to in this photo so stop correcting me! Don't worry~ They are not sharpened so they are legal, I hope. They are really beautiful, no? :D


WOOOO!!! A black and "white" Wakizashi~ I feel like a ninja now! These swords are now sitting on their stands in front of the TV in my living room, in case you're wondering. Zhi Kai and the rest were actually planning on getting me a pair of sais (yes, the Elektra ones) but good thing they didn't because I already have a pair. Somehow, I think I like weapons that comes in a pair... Like these, sais, Tomb Raider's twin guns, etc.



Moving on to the next present. DISCLAIMER: This plain looking package is a SHOW STOPPER. You'll see... :) The following presents (including this one, of course) is from Daniel, Yin Zhi, Chong Yee, Hazel, Ain and Yahya.


I think this bar code belongs on this white package because I found it in the plastic bag where I put all my presents inside that night. May have dropped off from the package and it's a little crumpled. :( But this bar code idea is really cool, no?


TA DA!! Presenting to you the SWEETEST PRESENT AWARDEE, this black booklet given to me by the marvelous friends above. I saw them making this booklet during my party itself and they were constantly shooing me away so that there's still that element of surprise. And it certainly touched me~


Some of the pages inside this booklet featuring some of the photos that I took! Even I'm not bothered to develop my own photographs to even keep them but these people were so hardworking to look through my collection to pick out nice ones to present them back to me! I feel so honored that people goes through my photos and it motivates me to take even better photos~


The shots that we took during the 2010-2011 Countdown at Woodlands Waterfront - my first countdown event ever outside my own home! If you want to see all the contents of this booklet, visit my facebook album - they are all there! I just had to show off their hard work and creativity!!


A short note at the end of the booklet. AWWWWWW~~~ Sweetest thing ever! I disagree with some points inside the note though because I think the booklet is extremely well made (Hello! From scratch!! The whole thing was glued together from scratch!!) and it definitely reminded me of a lot of good memories I had with these great friends.


Stuck on the back of the booklet... Made for ME!! :D


Besides the heartfelt booklet of marvelous pictures (because I took them :P) and memories, they also gave me this notebook with my name on it. Nice colors!! I like~ This notebook consists of calendar pages and blank pages so it's basically for me to write on. Yes, that kind of notebook, just personalized. :)



AND besides the 2 books, they gave me this present wrapped in a teddy bear wrapping paper. The shape is pretty obvious now, no?


A PICARD wallet! And I love the texture too~ Another gang of people who knows that my wallet is was breaking apart. I'm currently using this wallet right now because it's so cool!


While I was taking photos of my presents, I did not go through each and everyone of them because there were so many subjects to be shot. It was until my father looked through some of my presents that he discovered that Daniel and all had included 20 dollars in this wallet. I was extremely shocked because I had never expected that! Aren't they fantastic? Surprises after surpries~!!


And as if they were running for "Most Number of Presents Given", they gave me this shirt as well! Hmmmm~ I wonder when I'll wear this shirt though. Maybe they are like "Broy's always wearing the mono-colored oversized T-shirt. Maybe we should give him something else~" When I get the chance, I'll definitely try this shirt out! :D


They were not the only ones to give me clothing. Chua Ying Ying gave me this pink T-shirt (apparently from UNIQLO since she works there) because she said that she wants something to rival my lime green T-shirt in terms of boldness and I think she matched it. I wore this shirt on the spot that night and I thought it was quite comfortable and the color made my skin look so much fairer. I wonder if that's a good thing though but something's for sure~ It made me look thinner! :P


Next... Bing Ru gave me this elegantly wrapped purple box with a small card on it.


Adidas spray and deodorant! There were times when I stopped in departmental stores to consider whether to try these out or not because they look so cool but I dismissed the thoughts most of the time because I didn't want to waste money and on top of that, I don't always smell awful. Now that I have these, maybe it's time to experiment! :)


An unexpected present from Kaka. She suddenly gave this to me days before TOY MUSEUM because she knew that my birthday was coming even though I did not tell her directly. Very thoughtful!


Ferrero Rocher~ One of my favorite kinds of chocolates. Though this present is simple, it's really significant because it proves that people remember me. Thanks Kaka!!


The following presents gave given to me by Alvin and I titled this the BIGGEST PRESENT of the bunch because it was really huge. Good thing he left these at my house before we went to set up at Downtown East because otherwise, I would have to carry this home and that wouldn't be very convenient.


LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 : COLLECTOR'S EDITION!! Comes with a Sack Boy along with the game as well as 2 book/game holders in this big box! Really cute, no? Must have cost a lot though... :S


This edition of Little Big Planet 2 also comes with downloadable costume packs such as THE GREEN ALIEN costume! Another Green Alien under my belt~ Other than the Green Alien, there were costumes from Tron and other popular Sony games. And of course, you can more or less guess which one I'm currently using, no? :)


The book stand and Sack Boy included inside the box. Like I said, I was too busy trying to complete photographing everything so I haven't really had the chance to take photos of the contents so forgive me. Maybe I'll take them when I have the time. :)


Besides the game, Alvin also gave me this Parker pen with my name engraved on it! How awesome is that?!


Not only is it a pen, it's a fountain pen! I used to have this fountain pen back when I was in primary school. I remembered saving up for it but it wasn't very good because it leaked constantly and my hands were forever black whenever I use the pen. Threw it away eventually. Now, at least I know for sure that this pen won't leak because it has a proper ink mechanism as opposed to my previous pen. In case you want to know, it writes like a normal pen just that you have to angle it in certain ways to make the ink flow. Really cool stuff~


Third present from my best friend came in this box and no matter how hard I guessed, I couldn't guess what's inside because the shape doesn't feel familiar - or does it?


The Gilded Tarot deck! I always wanted this deck because its artwork is GORGEOUS! Furthermore, the imagery is less threatening and serious as opposed to the Rider-Waite ones so they are great for readings in parties and light hearted events. This box set comes with the cards (duh~), an companion book as well as a black organza pouch - saves me the trouble of having to sew another pouch to keep the cards. :) Thanks Alvin for reading my mind~ :D


And finally, the last present to be posted from Leon. He gave it to me after TOY MUSEUM. I think he forgotten about it and kept it inside his cabinet. -_-


It's a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0L USM CUP! Well, if it was the real thing, I would be over the moon because this lens is good~~ Vera and Rena told me that Leon's going to give me something that I would probably not use and hmmm... I think that's true to a certain extent but this cup does make a very good decorative piece on my table.


The cup itself. The plastic is a little too thin for my liking and that's the main reason why I wouldn't use this as a drinking cup. Furthermore, the base is not very wide as it tapers to the bottom and that means that this cup will topple over very easily. The replica is quite accurate, no? :) I like it~ But I wouldn't use it. :)


YES! Finally at the end of this post. Was extremely distracted because I was blogging this while watching Ellen Degeneres' biography on cable TV. Anyway, this concludes the whole TOY MUSEUM Special and I'm glad it's over because it's well overdue. Be sure to read the other parts because I put in so much hard work writing them~

Later on, I have to book in and that feeling sucks. But oh well~ Life there isn't exactly hectic but I wouldn't say that I love it a lot as well because people there are not the nicest people you'll meet but I can live with that. 2 medical appointments next week... Wish me luck!

Okay~ Off to find something else to do~!!


making of | PART 1 | PART 2 | Presents (Part 1) | Presents (Part 2)
Click to visit other parts of the ~TOY MUSEUM~ Special

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP