broylim Birthday ~TOY MUSEUM~ PART 2


I'M BACK and this time, with more photos from TOY MUSEUM!

Well after cutting the cake... OH YES! Did I mention that I hardly ate my own cake even though I love cake? Sad right? Because I was too busy cutting it for everyone I forgot about my own stomach. Oh well~ At least the next day, I still have that K-BOX cake that was almost smashed into my face for lunch. And did you know that cake cutting was tiring business because my back ached like mad while I was cutting it.

Back to the photos... This is while everyone was enjoying a piece of me the cake.


Nicholas came and joined us later on~ More Tango people! Anyway, if I didn't remember wrongly, I was too tied up cutting the cake that I didn't get the chance to be the photographer of the "people eating cake" shots.


Poor Patrick the Starfish...


The initial idea of the green screen was so that my guests can take a picture WITH THEIR TOYS in front of it but I only managed to do it for some guests because there were too many people to co-ordinate everything. Ben Ang brought his Domo plushie to match his extremely adorable T-shirt! Small Domo + Big Domo~


It's been awhile since I've seen Ching Kai and I was really happy that he managed to turn up for TOY MUSEUM. :) Hope that your leg is fully recovered already yes? :)


Initially meant to be the very last item of the whole event, I had to push up this live performance because I didn't want my friends' efforts to be wasted because some guests were leaving already. Together with Zhi Kai, Haikal and Kevin, we performed "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. What an appropriate song right? :P

And I really thank the three of them for coaching me in terms of singing and a little bit of music and really appreciate their hard work in rehearsing with me in the evening while I was still back at Tango Wing. I think without them, this act wouldn't be such a show stopper.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a video of this because Leon couldn't find the video button in time. Partially my fault because I assumed that he knows how to take videos using the 550D but oh well... BUT!! Rini has the video~


Remember the plastic balls I've signed? Well, after "Born This Way", I did my very first Japanese song (surprise surprise right?) of the evening - "Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~" by ayumi hamasaki. Another "appropriate" song considering that the ball idea was inspired by her genius. Honestly, at the end of the whole thing, my throat was killin' me because of all the shouting and stuff and I don't think I did that great but oh well~


My aunts and Rena with the plastic balls. I think I prepared too many of them because I still have half a tote bag filled with them back at home. Anyone wants? :P


Well I did mention in my event page that digital playthings are not allowed but I guess a CLASSIC Game Boy could be considered a toy back at in the times. I still remember playing Power Rangers (Pokemon wasn't even out yet!!) on that Game Boy that Zhi Kai brought and kindly lent to Nicholas because he forgot his toy; such atrocity! Haikal's Troll matches with his stylish hat, no?


Group shot with them~ Well, they suddenly lifted me off the ground and I couldn't compose myself to get the correct body language but I think it's still okay, no? Notice the ball Zhi Kai's holding in his hands? It's called a "Power Ball" and it's meant to tone your arms. Is that considered a toy??


WASTED!! This would be a stunning shot if the light hits more on our faces.


My BEST room mate in OCS; Nicholas! I realized in a lot of frames that I tend to lean away from the person I take photos with. Bad habit... Must change!!


Taking photos with them lovebirds~ In case you're wondering, the black thing in my hand is the wired shutter to my camera which I thought was broken but in actual fact, someone accidentally changed the setting of the remote and I was stupid enough not to realize it.


With my father. He always has a funny face when he take photos...


My uncle's jealous that I get to take photos with my father and he just had to take some with me. I'm famous, no? *hohohohohoho~*


Xavier, my little cousin. Really photogenic little one.


Evidence of Rena getting fatter by the second.


I don't know who took this photo but it's so funny~ Rena and her mother posing with the Barbie doll(s) - I'm pretty sure the doll on the right is not a Barbie, more like a Jenny. Not only do the dolls look similar, the mother-daughter combination looks similar too, no?


Rena with 2 dolls now. Toys make you smile when you were young and apparently, they are still charming until today.


Rena and her family. I think Sheena and Laura had to leave early because they had something on. Is it me or the lighting or the family has really dark skin? :P


My uncle, Xavier and my aunt. For some unknown reasons, Vanessa and Xander (my other cousins), did not turn up that night. Weird.


With my aunt. She is one of the nicest person to gossip with. :P


My kaka. She's been taking such great care of my family and my cat (especially my cat) that it would be a sin not to take pictures with her. See the balloon at the back? I think it's one of the little kids terrorizing her with balloons - and that's maybe why she has so many; to keep them away from terrorists.


The after-party got smaller and smaller because it was getting late. Good thing the room's until 3am so the people who wants to stay can stay for as long as they want. And good thing I managed to wrap the main thing up by 11pm-ish so that those who wants to catch the last train or bus can dash away - thoughtful, no?

Anyway, I want to bring your attention to that innocent-looking 3-legged brand water bottle on the right side of the photo. Yes! That green capped bottle sitting innocently on the table, blending well with the rest of the glasses and drinks. You'll see what it did to me later...


But before that... What looks like a balloon dress and a very annoyed child...


It's not blusher nor is it Cover Girl make up. It's FREAKIN' ALCOHOL!!

I was telling Daryl and the rest that I was feeling sleepy by the time it was around 12am-ish and Daryl suggested that I have some of that 3-legged cooling water thingie. As I was thirsty and I could really do with some freshening up, I took the bottle, uncapped it and poured a HUGE MOUTHFUL of its contents into my mouth.

It tasted like mango...
Then the burning sensation of pure VODKA started to kick in...
And my face changed in disgust.

BLOODY HELL I drank a whole mouthful of undiluted mango hard liquor almost like an expert! Okay no. I'm not the best drinker because really~ I can drink fruit beer and feel like crap in a matter of minutes. And my "good" friends did not stop me from drinking it some more... Kanasai~

And because of that, I had to go home earlier because not only did it made me even more sleepy, it made me shiver non-stop. Weird things alcohol does to your body - that's why I don't drink, not even sparingly. On top of that, I look like a lobster and it wasn't exactly funny. Well, looking back, it's probably quite hilarious but I don't want to go through that experience ever again. The only blessing I can thank of is that I didn't go crazy and sprout nonsense.

So I left my own party earlier than some of the guests. Well, the survivors are mainly my siblings and cousins so I didn't feel that bad. My uncle was kind enough to drive me home and on the way, dropped of some of my friends since we all stay in the Hougang area.

The moment I reached home, I dumped all my stuff at the dining table, rushed to bathe and immediately went to sleep because I almost fell asleep while bathing. It was that bad!

Lesson learnt: Next time you're sleepy and someone hands you a suspicious looking bottle of what seems like water (or cooling water), SMELL IT before you down a whole mouthful. Not the best feeling~~

Well unless you love your alcohol then you'll probably enjoy it...





That's the end of TOY MUSEUM! Was glad that it went really smoothly. There were hiccups, true, but at least things went pretty well and no one was killed.

I really THANK Y'ALL, those who attended, for your time and your marvelous presents (Stay tuned! They will be the subjects for the next post!) and the lots of love y'all showed me. I had never felt so happy in my life before~

And remember your toys - your precious childhoods that shaped what you are today and remind yourself of what makes you yourself.

because "BABY YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY~"






Click to visit other parts of the ~TOY MUSEUM~ Special

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP