Katy Perry - Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection

Looks like Miss Katy Perry is still dreaming her Teenage Dream in her latest release - Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection. Seriously~ When is she going to release any new material that's not related to candy canes and cotton candies? I really want to see her break free from her Teenage Dream era and move on to something else.

In case y'all don't know, The Complete Confection is a re-release of Katy Perry's 2010 album. This time round, it features some new songs, such as "Part of Me" - the reason I bought this album. Other than that, remixes and different versions of her previous singles are also featured in this album, for instance, "E.T."

Now... Photos anyone? :)


Here's my copy of her original Teenage Dream album (reviewed on my tumblr blog) with the re-release version of the exact same album. Well, almost the same... Just had to take this photo to show off what a supporter I am~ :D You can visit the tumblr blog to see the different between this album and the previous version. Honestly, the difference aren't that significant visually but oh well~


Here's the close up of the sticker explaining what's new in this two year old album. The re-release version of this album comes with all the songs from the album plus 3 brand new tracks as well as some remixes or different versions of her previous hit singles. Furthermore, the special edition of this album comes with a limited edition lenticular (I didn't know such a word existed~) cover insert. So in simple English, it comes with 2 covers that changes, depending on how you view the album.


Viewed from the left, the album shows the classic Teenage Dream cover without the title - just Katy lying in clouds made of cotton candy. I wonder if her blood sugar sky-rocketed at the time when she was doing this shoot. Or are those clouds fake? Who knows...


And from the right, you see the Confection version of the cover which I simply adore~ In fact, I think this looks better than the original cover. Initially, when I read about the release of this album, I thought it would come in a box set form of packaging because the word "Complete" make it sound so grand. Was slightly disappointed that they chose to release this album in a regular CD case but I think the lenticular cover kinda made up for it. By the way, this is my first album with a lenticular cover~~


To attract people who actually bought the previous album, they threw in new tracks to bait us in and I had obviously fell for it willingly. Here's the updated track list - they added 7 new tracks into this album for the same price as the older version so I think it's justified. In fact, I got mine at a 20% discount at CD-Rama. That means I paid less for more! By the way, acoustic versions of songs always appeal to me. :)


This is what you see when you open the album. Instead of the red, swirly CD this time round, we get a blue one. (Visit my tumblr blog ~link above~ for the unbox/review of the previous version). Katy also look slightly different as compared to the previous version but I ain't complaining.


Swirly swirly candy. Thank goodness I can't see my laptop read the disc because this patterned design is sure to make me sea sick.


The lyric insert is found behind the lenticular cover and it looks just like the regular version's - minus the name of the album.


If there's anything similar between the lyric insert of this version and the previous one, it's this photo found in the middle of the booklet. Exact same photo. Well, I supposed they recycled a lot of materials for packaging of the new version, no? I would actually love to see her do something different - there are so many things she can do to celebrate this "new" album, yes?


Well at least they included the lyrics of the new songs into this booklet. I still find the candy cane border very cheesy though... That reminds me~ Remember Madonna's "Hard Candy" album (which I don't have), they gave candies along with the album, yes? Perhaps Katy should release a version with candies since the whole album revolves around that creative anyway.


This time round, I got a poster with the purchase of this album from CD-Rama. It's been a long long time since I've got a poster from any albums at all (Are posters phasing out? I hope not!) and I was elated to get this poster even though I have no place to display in on my wall anyway. Who doesn't love freebies, yes? :)


So... You want to know my verdict for this album? I think it's definitely worth getting this copy even if you had the previous album because there are new songs included in this one. If you are after Miss Perry's full discography, then this is something that you cannot miss. The new songs are pretty good as well - like "Part of Me". Furthermore, "The One That Got Away" is done acoustically and it sounds great as well!

If you have not gotten your hands on her previous version, then stop dawdling and get this one because it's so justified! If you live in Singapore, be sure to drop by CD-Rama to get it at a 20% discount (at least the Jurong Point outlet is on 20% discount) and you also stand to get the free poster! Yessi yessi~

Well that's all the fan boy has for tonight. I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I had enjoyed shooting them and listening to the new songs (bitch please~). Stay tuned for my upcoming posts of some Japanese music, yes? :)

Koda Kumi and ayu, anyone? :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP