BIG DEAL?

Like seriously, I think there are people who are conservative and there are people who can't bloody mind their own freaking business - and I dare say that majority of the so-called "conservative" Singaporeans aren't conservative at all.

Yes, they fall into the "I can't mind my own bloody business and I love to input my opinion onto everyone and everyone better bloody hell listen to me because I'm the Queen of this country!"

I mean, come on, GET A GRIP SINGAPORE! Just because of this...


Vivian Lai & Kate Pang's on-screen kiss sparks outcry
Source: Yahoo! Singapore
(http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/one-second-kiss-star-awards-sparks-outcry-100038761.html)
Let's wage war against people who kiss on-screen! Yeap. At least that's how I want to take this whole issue out of context, just like how the rest of Singapore are so jealous that they didn't win anything at the Star Awards simply because, well, they are not stars.

Come on now. We're living in a modern society where the blacks have equal rights, where maids get well protected, where human rights seemingly have a place on this planet. I don't see what's wrong with people of the same gender, no less, kissing on screen. Offensive? Yes. I find their opinions offensive to people who want to express their happiness and freedom.

Singapore is seen as a modern country in the eyes of many but somehow, I beg to differ because just because the infrastructure and technology is advanced doesn't mean that the country is modern. What makes a country? THE PEOPLE! And if the people are like cavemen who are narrow-minded and loves to push their senseless opinions onto others, then I say, Singapore fails as a modern society.

What I'm trying to say is "Live and let live". Don't try to define how others should live because of what your religion (which no one is going to object because you have your own rights to it) stated, what your parents told you or what you hear-say hear-say.

Remember those days when you were younger and when these kissing scenes were on telly, or even violent scenes, your parents would cover your eyes? That's because they want to "protect" you. But honestly, the more you restrict someone, the more they want to break free and see what the hell was it they were being protected against. Wouldn't that be counter-effective?

On top of that, the internet is vast, as everyone would agree and access to information is just a mere seconds of "hard work". Censorship is not going to help anything at all if someone is determined to find out what is going on - it only slows down the process. So why bother? You can only protect them for so long until they find their own way and hopefully, form their own opinions of things without external influence.

I believe that everyone should form their own opinions and have a say of things rather than being manipulated by others. You have a mind, a brain. Use it like your own! Don't cower in someone else's beliefs because you're indecisive. If you are indeed indecisive, then let me decide for you - don't be a busybody and probe into other people's business. We're happier without your interference, thank you very much.



You want to know my personal opinion on this? I say it's perfectly fine. If Mediacorp wants to censor this moment of joy from the re-telecast, then let them be. Like I've said, they can only protect the general public for that long.

I say that everyone should be given the right to do whatever they want on the note that they shouldn't infringe the rights of others. So what if they kissed? Did you lose a million dollars? Did you get fatter suddenly? Did your child fall sick? No!! So why not just let them be? They can do whatever they want because it's their right to.

And don't come shitting me with them polluting the minds. Come on~ There are so many things that pollute the mind and LOVE is obviously not one of them. So is pure HAPPINESS and JOY. These are beautiful emotions that should be taught and encouraged - not be ostracized simply because they are "alternative" or "unnatural".

What's natural to begin with? If everyone has green hair, does that make the only one with black hair "unnatural"? Wake up, please.



To end this ranting post on why we should value human rights and let people do what they love to, I shall show you a screen grab of one of ayumi hamasaki's latest songs - how beautiful you are. This song is picked to be the Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2012's theme song.


ayumi hamasaki - how beautiful you are screen grab (gif)
Source: http://lohan.tumblr.com/
Original copyright by Avex Trax Japan
Go on. Burn me at the stake for thinking that whatever they are doing is beautiful. But wait, I'm entitled to my rights to my own opinions and say. Burning me or trying to bring me down won't change anything at all. So good luck with that.

And to all those who believe that human rights should be uphold, and TRUE BEAUTY like this should be embraced and promoted, let's make it known that our voices should not be overpowered by those who believe otherwise. We have our rights! We have our say!

And surely, joy, happiness and love will be free one day...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP