Satin Zest - Launch Collection!!

About a month ago, I helped Vera and Aik Hin shoot their very first collection for their brand new online fashion store - Satin Zest. The store was launched 2 days ago on May 18, 2012 and being the photographer of these beautiful apparels, I would definitely want to see sales go up, yes? Therefore, I'm blogging this entry to promote the store as well as to share some behing-the-scenes for y'all interested potential shoppers!

As we all know, the blogshop market is extremely competitive nowadays and in my opinion, having the guts to actually venture into that saturated market is quite a huge hurdle but you know, if you never try, you will never find out! The young bosses of this blogshop put in so much effort to get it up and running and so, I would really wish that y'all go down to support them, yes?

So what are they selling? For their first collection, they are selling an array of dresses, bottoms and tops - clothes basically. Unfortunately though, this collection is targeted at the female market and therefore, for y'all male fashionistas out there, I'm afraid that you will have to wait. No worries though because from my understanding, the bosses will be bringing in male clothes if they do good enough (which I really hope they would because I've never ever did a male photo shoot before!)

Want to know what some of my favorite looks of this collection is? Check out the followings~


Sexy Mesh Top/Dress - comes in Black or Pink (SGD$25.00)
This is definitely my favorite look of the entire collection and also my favorite look to photograph that day. It's basically a top that can be worn like a dress, as seen in the above photo. Amanda, our model, wore a pair of black stocking (not included, of course) along with a pair of black heels and she totally look like cat woman in this look. All we're missing are the ears and a tail. Throughout the shoot, we realized that black heels are so important because they somehow fit into every single look. :)


Symmetrical Chiffon Wrapper Chest Dress - comes in Black or Cream (SGD$32.00)
A very "evening" look. Grab a clutch or a small handbag and you'll be on your way to some elegant ball or night party! What I especially like about this look is the skirt - the flaps by the side. It's so elegant and if you happen to catch a wind in your direction, you will look like Bat Woman or something (yes, somehow, I find this collection very superhero-inspired). Also, considering Singapore's hot and humid weather, I think it's a good thing, yes? :D Light and airy~


Flutter V-neck Bodycon Dress - comes in Black, White or Cream (SGD$27.00)
Yes, this also looks very superhero-inspired. Guess I have something for superheroes, yes? Anyway, it's obvious what I like about this dress - the sleeves that reminds me of a kimono. Also suitable for y'all party animals out there because it's a very night look. If I didn't remember wrongly, this dress doesn't really have a distinct front or a back so you're free to wear it anyhow you want~ Saves the trouble of figuring out the front from the back, yes? :P


Other than dresses, Satin Zest also features accessories. This is probably the first time I photographed something in my light box that I've made from scratch using cardboard, white paper and cloth for commercial works and I think I did quite a good job! All the practice I get from shooting CDs and other random things, yes? :) Do check out their first accessories collection because I think some of them are quite nice~


Getting the entire collection shot wasn't an easy feat, considering that none of us actually had any experience - well, other than me who once did a shoot for deGlamour but it wasn't even a studio setting (it was in the living room). This time round, we had slightly more "professional" equipments and we actually looked into the details a little closer.

So that day, we had Amanda changing clothes to a point that I think she will be sick of wearing clothes one day because there were so many looks to go through. Vera was the stylist who did most of the dressing up for Amanda as well as the accessorizing. Note that that was the first time that both the stylist and the model did a photo shoot so it was indeed slightly stressful.

On top of that, we had Aik Hin doing most of the ironing work. Well actually, before the shoot, I did some of the ironing using the steam iron we borrowed from Rena and it was quite fun actually but extremely time consuming. I think we should iron the clothes before do the shoot like perhaps a day earlier so we have more time for shooting. Besides ironing, Aik Hin also set up the white screen he bought online specially for this shoot - talk about commitment, yes? Unfortunately, there were no lights so we had to improvise using table lamps and my hotshoe flash.

Well overall, I think the entire shoot was a success but we definitely learn a lot of lessons from it - from styling to preparation work to actually getting good photos without even using professional lighting (of course, with tons of challenges in between anyway~). Even though the shoot was extremely tiring, we managed to shoot every single article for the shoppers to go through so I hope they appreciate our efforts.

And yes, none of us got paid so if you would like to contribute to a little paycheck for us, do support the store, yes?



To end of this entry, here's a photo of the bosses of Satin Zest! Good luck, Vera and Aik Hin! I will continue supporting y'all as long as y'all don't give up. Keep that passion burning and no matter what comes your way, I'll see y'all get through it strongly! :)

For more (or to shop~~), click on the following links!!

Satin Zest's Official Website
Or you can click on the banner I've created specially 
for them on the right of this humble blog

Satin Zest's Facebook Page

Satin Zest's Twitter

Oh yes! Before I forget, Satin Zest is having their launch promotion right now! Simply quote "gomay31" before you check out to enjoy a whooping 25% discount off ALL your purchases! That's a great steal, yes? Promotion ends on May 31, 2012 so be sure not to feel sorry for yourself and indulge~ Don't say I never tell you~ :)


P.S.: If you like my works and you need a blogshop photographer at a cheap rate, 

do contact me yes? I would be more than happy to take up the challenge~ :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP